Fight or Flight...
Try as I might to deny it, I have an overwhelming desire to move to another country. I read stories like this from the BBC and I feel sick. The country I call my home is doing this to other people. It's just a nightmare, guaranteed by virtue of the election to last four more years.
Many people have said they're going to try to relocate to Canada...but I fear that isn't far enough away.
Part of me thinks I'm being absolutely ridiculous...what am I getting getting upset about? It's only 4 more years.
The other part of me fears that this period of tyranny isn't going to blow over, rather it's going to get worse. I keep thinking of all those post-war films about Nazi Germany I've watched where good people decided to hang out and help stuff get better. They stayed and stayed and stayed, believing their presence could make a difference until it was too late.
The rational, sensible part of me rears it's head again. Equating the United States with Nazi Germany? That's crazy!
Is it?
I hope to God so.
Winning hearts and minds...we heard that so often during the campaign. Now that the Bush league has succeeded in winning enough hearts and minds to have a virtual lock on all that happens in this country, what happens next?
If they can't win the former Kerry hearts and minds do they start rounding us up?
Yes, I've had a little bit to drink this evening and perhaps it's that whiskey egg nog that's got the best of me here but...doesn't anybody think it strange that there is a large plurality (even in the red states) that is out of lock step with the administration? What happens to us? We still live here. We still pay taxes. But now, I feel like we have no say 'cause the winner took it all. Winner take all sucks.
Time to go to bed.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home